Trying to make your eyebrows look perfectly arched everyday with the help of brow makeup products can be very challenging. No to mention, there is always a chance that you may mess up trying to make both eyebrows look the same. To save you the pain, effort and time, there are a few methods in which you can get your eyebrows tattooed.
There are two types of eyebrow tattoo, permanent as well as semi-permanent. Semi-permanent methods include feathering or microblading. It is a process of tattooing a semi-permanent dye or pigment in the shape of hair strokes done by filling it into thin and precise cuts in the eyebrows, using a micro needle. This process is done only on the top layer of the skin, making it prone to fading, due to external elements and requires touch ups from time to time.
Permanent method of tattooing, however, uses ink instead of pigments that is injected deeper into the skin. This ink also fades but into an artificial looking, slightly greenish tint just like any other tattoo would.
There are some huge cons when it comes to permanent tattooing. Some of them are,
- The procedure is extremely painful, compared to microblading, as it involves a machine and a needle, working at the very sensitive skin of the eyebrows.
- It can get risky as there is a chance that these tools of permanent tattooing may end up affecting your eyes due to its close proximity. There are possibilities of such accidents, you could even lose your eyesight.
- Scarring is a possibility in both cases, however in case of permanent tattoos it can cause huge amounts of scarring and can also cause thinning of the skin.
- There is a chance that you may end up permanently tattooing in-identical eyebrows with no chance of fixing it in case of a permanent tattoo.
- The fact is that a permanent tattoo remains for life, whereas eyebrow trends tend to keep changing with time. A permanent tattoo means you will be stuck with the style that you chose without having the option to upgrade it.
- The resulting look of permanent tattoo is very artificial and it does not look like natural eyebrows at all.
The entire process of a permanent tattoo is definitely not as safe as a semi-permanent method would be. The risks involved as well as the long term effects and chances of infection are high in this case. Hence its safety cannot be guaranteed.